Thursday, September 29, 2011

Went to Kohl's, but couldn't find the walking shoes (read "sneaks") I wanted. Tried to order on the phone, but the rep and I couldn't come to a conclusion about which pair I wanted.
Tackled the pull-out shelves in the kitchen and got lots of donations stuff there. Incredibly, I had four large plastic beverage containers--what? Not sure if I ever used them, as I prefer glass, so I designated three for the thrift store. Neatened up the basket and refrigerator containers and so on.
Galvanized, I turned my attention to my recipes. I get a lot from magazines and newspaper, and the Internet--one thing it's good for--and weeded them out. Assembled the ones I wanted. Went to the library and did a few other chores. I want to continue my efforts in the kitchen today.
Called a guy to come over for an estimate to re-grout the bathrooms. He did, and the cost would be $650--aagh! I could probably get him to $500, but even that is a lotta dough.
Marge called and we had a nice chat. She invited me over to pick up the cost for the ticket to the Surflight Theatre she and Fred are treating me to (I mean "to which she and Fred are treating me"--good grief, I'm compulsive!).
Desi called, asking if I have any clippings from past LETCO productions. I do and will call lhim when I dig them out.
Lunch and Atlantic County excursions with Naomi today.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We'd like to give you a hand with the grouting, but we unfortunately live a bit too far away. In lieu of that, let us suggest either asking around among people you know for companies or contractors they've dealt with and would recommend or check a contractor network such as at http://tile.networx.com/tile-contractors/NJ/Atlantic-county/.

Wednesday

It was quite an enjoyable day after all the must-do-this, can't-find-that of the last few.  Changed the bed, washed the sheets, and jump...