Friday, September 30, 2011

Naomi e-mailed me early, asking if we could have lunch at her house instead of out. I called her and she explained that she was on a vegan diet and wasn't sure she could order anything at Shore Diner. I said I'd be glad to share her food and went over.
She made soup--pea, but with cashews, mushrooms, and lots of other things not usually in pea soup. It was thick and very good. The salad was ordinary, but with a very tasty dressing that included chick peas and so on. A lot of the food has to be organic and there are some unusual dishes, but she and her husband like the regime.
I then took her to Produce Junction. I got peppers, butternut and spaghetti squash, arugula, tomatoes, gigantic mushrooms, and broccoli. Naomi bought a papaya and a mango and we both bought beautiful yellow mums.
Went to Fabulous Jewelery, but it was closed for Rosh Hoshanna. Just as well, as Naomi makes her own. Driving around, she told me something of her life, which has been difficult at times. I asked if she was okay with stopping at the cemetery on the way home and she was fine with that--said she goes with Wayne to his late wife's grave. Also stopped at the library, so I could show her N.'s creations, which she greatly admired.
Naomi herself has an artistic bent. She does graphic design and writes poetry. Also makes jewelery and lately, has been designing with flashing--yes, the shiny stuff used on house construction. She also has psychic powers and is very much into the mystic. Knowing I write, she asked me to critique some of her short verse--she calls them "postcards" and lent me a book of them.
Interesting day.

No comments:

Wednesday

It was quite an enjoyable day after all the must-do-this, can't-find-that of the last few.  Changed the bed, washed the sheets, and jump...