Sunday, September 04, 2011

"O sacrament of summer days..." I always loved that line from Emily Dickinson and it fit yesterday perfectly.
Actually, I guess, summer is waning, but we had lovely sunshine and warmth yesterday at the lake. I arrived about 2:30 to find everybody there: the six kiddies, the couple from up north, their daughter-in-law, and the Wellsboro crew, here for the long weekend.
We swam, talked and laughed, nibbled pretzels and grapes, and had a wonderful, relaxed afternoon. Packed up about 5:00 and went back to the house for a cookout. The intention was to eat on the deck, as usual, but the mosquitoes were active, so we did so in the big dining area, which accommodates eight easily, and ten or more in a pinch. I said goodbye about 7:30, as it was already getting dark. The Wellsboro sextet will stay over up north.
Earlier, I impulsively went over to the cemetery. Anticipating Labor Day traffic on the Parkway, I hadn't thought I would, but did. Was going to call Betty on my way, but forgot my phone; called later and found she had been there earlier.

No comments:

Wednesday

Busy, but not in a good way. I'm sure nobody else would want to read it, but I've elaborated on my entry a few spots down entitled &...