Sunday, September 18, 2011

Well, yesterday was an up and down one, some good, some not so. I was delighted with myself after I cleared out most of my closet. This is a walk-in and I'm afraid I tend to stick everything in there I don't know what else to do with. I weeded out a lot of clothes to take to the thrift store--mostly size 8s (sob!)--and moved things around otherwise. I'm on a roll and will tackle other areas shortly. This is in preparation for my house guests coming in December--yay!
Because I had yet another 99-cent coupon from Blockbuster, I decided to pick up a movie for the little girls when they're here. Got Tourist for myself,too. When I went up to the checkout, I was stunned to hear I owed them money. For what? Why, for Rear Window and To Catch A Thief, which I had rented on the fifteenth. Rented?! I thought I had bought them for 99cents! But no, it was to rent them. Good grief, it's a good thing I went to get another movie--I wouldn't have gone back indefinitely. The woman there advised me to bring them back today, when the manager's there. I think she implied he'd give me a break; hope he does, but if not, I'll just have to chalk it up to experience.
Got home to find a message from Mary Ann Van O. Was I going to opera? Good grief, I had forgotten all about it. I quickly changed, jumped in the car, and got there at 1:25, just before La Traviata started. Hadn't had lunch, so I had some grapes and a banana while there. Enjoyed the opera, but I want to go back to clearing out before I lose my momentum.
Had a good talk with Ellen last night; her hair looks terrific. I told her I thought I was losing it, what with no finding my car the other day and the Blockbuster thing. She assured me I'm no nuttier than ever. Can't wait to see her in person in December.
Forgot to mention in yesterday's post that Jerry, the leader (of sorts) of the Thespians group, gets a stipend. Fer cryin' out loud, why in hell should he get a stipend? Also, some talk was bandied about regarding money. I asked what it was used for, as there's no scenery and I assume actors provide their own props. I didn't get a definite answer, but learned about the stipend. Also, I understood from Rachel, that they charge to get into their "shows." if they ever do any. Nothing about dues was mentioned, though, and I don't think there are any. I ain't coughing up any dough, I'll say that right now. Another thing: Jerry does not critique the "acting"--read "reading style"--at all, and there were several people at the meeting who said they don't write. Therefore, what's in it for them? Think I'll call Rachel and ask.
Picking Leslie up at 12:30 for lunch and excursions.

No comments:

Wednesday

It was quite an enjoyable day after all the must-do-this, can't-find-that of the last few.  Changed the bed, washed the sheets, and jump...