Monday, September 05, 2011

When I looked at my e-mail yesterday morning, I found a message from nephew Tim, the Vermonter. He wrote that he and his sweetie, Tori, were coming through and wondered if they could see me. Well, of course, I replied, and why don't you stay here overnight?
They accepted, got here about 5:00 and insisted in taking me out for dinner. Tim wanted to walk on the Ocean City boardwalk, so we ate at the Anchorage in Somers Point. That whole area was jumpin'--in fact, T. had intended to take up to a small restaurant he remembered fondly from his days in the area (he grew up in Smithville and Ocean City), but when we got there, we were told we'd have a two-hour wait. I suggested the Anchorage instead, where we waited about a half-hour. It was worth it, though, as we were seated on the porch--much quieter--and there was a nice breeze.
Had my fave rare hamburger and beer (Blue Moon) and we had a ball. Talked and talked as I got to know Tori. After, we drove to O.C.--took us twenty minutes to find a parking spot--and joined the huge throngs on the boardwalk. Tim treated us to a frozen custard and we walked a few blocks. then went back to the car. Very crowded, very festive and fun.
Ellen had left a message on the phone (she calls me on Skype every Sunday evening), although it was almost 11:00 here (8:00 in Ventura). Said she'd get to me today on Skype.
Tim and Tori raise chickens at their Brattleboro home--Tori built the coop herself-- and they brought me a full dozen of freshly-laid eggs. Can't wait to have one. T. and T. will leave this morning and have breakfast with Betty in Ventnor, then go on down to my nephew, Dave's, place in Duck, N.C.
I love these impromptu visits from relatives and friends, and if they're on on short notice, so what? The guest room is still there and everything else can be improvised.

No comments:

Tuesday

 Did a color wash when I got up, had breakfast, then dressed and waited outside for the Lyft to take  me to the dentist. Annoyingly, when I ...