Wednesday, September 21, 2011

I am on a roll! Completed the clear-out of the big closet and can hardly believe how much space I actually have. Started on the closet in the guest room--lots of donation stuff there--and am musing over whether to put the small chest or a low bookcase in there for my guests. Incredibly, both are empty (for the first time in 8 years).
Took the packed car to the SOCH thrift store in Manahawkin, where I found they're not accepting clothing at this time. Just as well, as it was raining, so I dropped off the other stuff. Thought I'd take the rest to the Tuckerton location, but they're closed until tomorrow--must be taking inventory or something.
Earlier, I had pared and chunked the yams--five pounds--which filled both crock pots. Just added a sprinkle of cinnamon and while I was in Manahawkin, bought two oranges to put in. However, by the time I got home, they were finished, so now I have surplus oranges. Well, I'll figure out some way to use them.
As ever, I enjoyed seeing the Tokyo twosome on Skype. They were planning to attend an "eel expo"; can't even imagine what that might entail.
Betty called and we had a nice chat. Ditto with Mary Ann Van O., with whom I'm going to an opera lecture at Westminster in a few weeks. We made a date to attend a CD of the actual opera--Anna Bolena, presumably, the Italian spelling of "Anne Boleyn"--in October, too, in a theatre in Egg Harbor. Called Pat L. to accept her invitation to go to the Chowder Fest on Long Beach Island on October 2. Got the proofs for the October Breeze and proof-read.
WIDER: I think it's best to be skeptical when you see something that goes against what seems to be reasonable. Just found this site and believe me, I added it to my favorites lickety-split:
http://www.prwatch.org/books/experts.html
Are you suprised? You shouldn't be. ALWAYS question, NEVER assume...

No comments:

Thursday

Well, it started off nicely, but things got murky later. R.E. agent Kim emailed me the Certificate of  Occupancy, which means the house pass...