Tuesday, May 03, 2011

When the library opened, I went over to remove the Our Town stuff from the display window. An hour later, the other models and I (geez, if we're representative, the fashion industry is dead) drove to SeaOaks to "rehearse." Got home and scrubbed two pounds of carrots to put in the crock pot. I never pare them, as I was always told most of the nutrients are in the skin; always try to eat potato skins, too. Got a nice thank-you note from sister-in-law, Regina, who doesn't use the computer. Will send her back one and make a point to call her again for lunch.
Bob S. came in the afternoon to get the sprinklers operational and that was more-or-less my day, aside from a coupla other this 'n' that.
WIDER: On Facebook, my relatives and I are having a lively discussion about the killing of Bin Laden. Clearly, those silly old ideas about "innocent until proven guilty" or trial by jury are dead. As one of my nephew's friends reminded us, the prez now has the power to kill anybody, any time, for any reason he chooses:
"[T]he President is authorized to use all necessary and appropriate force against those nations, organizations, or persons he determines planned, authorized, committed, or aided the terrorist attacks that occurred on September 11, 2001, or harbored such organizations or persons, in order to prevent any future acts of international terrorism against the United States by such nations, organizations or person."
Joint Resolution of Congress, 9/18/01.
So the assasination of the foreign national was legal as all hell. Moral? Oh, who gives a damn about that?

No comments:

Wednesday And Choosing Sides

I did some filing and cleaning up in the morning; also emailed the office that I need a new toilet seat. Left at 10:30 and got the 11 bus to...