Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Glorious sunshine almost the whole day! Got the rest of the flowers in and even took a few pics, which I sent to P. and N. and--as long as we're using initials-- put on FB. Picked up a basil plant, too, and put that in out back. The place doesn't look bad, if I say it myself. Now all I need is my tomatoes and must get a new drip hose.
Got chicken, broccoli, and salad ingredients from Acme for the dinner guest coming tonight. We'll be going to a wellness fair at the school, then a baby baseball game after. Speaking of wellness, I'm following a kind of modified Atkins--meat and other protein, but lots of veggies, too. It's processed foods, especially those loaded with carbs, that I'll avoid. We'll see.
Found luscious Jersey strawberries at B & B, bought a quart, and went home to wash, hull, and slice them. Will serve for dessert tonight.
Made final arrangements--wait, that doesn't sound good--arranged with Marilyn for our trip to upstate Pennsy this weekend. I'll get to my SIL's by 7 am, then drive to work with him, where Marilyn will pick me up. Five or so hours later, grandson Joel will get me in Mansfield, then drive to his place.
Read over my "Pets Of The Past" piece for The Breeze and decided it would work better to divide it in two. First will be pets I remember as a kid, then those my own kids had. This is for the July issue and we have a very early deadline. Don't know what else I'll have time to write and submit.
The three-mile exercise today--ugh!

No comments:

Thursday

Well, it started off nicely, but things got murky later. R.E. agent Kim emailed me the Certificate of  Occupancy, which means the house pass...