Friday, May 20, 2011

Decided to go with red and white in the front flower bed, as it combines well with the yellow "roll mop" bushes. Drove over to Bob's in the morning and bought more red saliva and those white things--bopeca or something--but couldn't resist adding the little "gold mullion" plants I had last year. They look great set out there; now all I have to do is plant them--groan--if it ever stops raining.
Went over to Pat L.'s for my knitting lesson. Damned if I'm not a virtuoso on the knit phase--I can knit with the best of them, even though it takes me about three minutes a stitch. It's the purl thing that gets me. My mind and fingers seem unable to grasp what to pull through what. I'm going to persevere, though, at least for a time. It was fun to get to know Pat a bit more. I made friends with her cute little Isabella, too, one of those tiny terriers.
I'm coming to the conclusion that Atkins isn't for me. I find it so difficult on the emphasis on meat, rather than vegetables, for one thing. It's not that you can't have them, but at least for the first two weeks, you must limit them because of the carb content. I'm used to large portions of salad and veggies, so I don't like this. The other problem is in the snack area. My treat at the end of the day has been a glass of red wine and a big bowl of popcorn. I switched to Chardonnay--no problem there--but can't come up with anything non-carb that's satisfactory. Well, we'll see. I might devise my own diet that I can follow successfully. I did that before when I went to Weight Watchers.
Dominoes tonight at Frank and Barb D.'s and the van tour tomorrow.
WIDER: Checking my bank account on line, I was amazed to see that a check for $25 had cleared. I had sent it out in December, five months ago, and at this point, assumed it was lost or had been confiscated. Why? Because it was made out to Wilileaks for Julian Assange's defense fund. I sent it to an address in Australia to try to help in some way a person being vilified and demonized ("he's a rapist!--or something") for shedding light on some of the horrors perpetrated by our exalted leaders. Of course, Bradley Manning, who turned over the video of laughing military murdering unarmed civilians, is incarcerated and, if everything I read is even half true, is being inflicted with something close to torture. Oh, but that's okay--it's OUR torture.

No comments:

Wednesday And Choosing Sides

I did some filing and cleaning up in the morning; also emailed the office that I need a new toilet seat. Left at 10:30 and got the 11 bus to...