Wednesday, May 11, 2011

NOTE: This is my Thursday, May 12, 2011 entry. Too long and involved to explain why it's after the picture one, but there it is...
Oh, boy, what a day. It started off normally enough: I walked with Susan, then did the three-mile exercise at the clubhouse. While I was having breakfast, Libby called to say her husband had died. She asked me to put something about it in The Breeze and to write something up about the bed rails and shower stool she has to lend. Told her I'd pick up the wheelchair I had lent her; she asked me to do it right away, as somebody was coming for her in a half hour. Went over her house and, of course, listened to her talk and talk before I got away. I think she's so wound up after her caregiver duties, she just has to rattle on compulsively. When I got home, I immediately wrote up a little piece about the death and sent it off.
Cleaned up the guest room and cut up a huge cauliflower; froze most of the flowrets, and had some with the nice salmon I cooked for dinner.
I had gotten for Mother's Day the promise of weeding the flower beds--a terrific gift!--and person who gave it arrived a bit after 3:00. She told me I didn't have to do any, but I started helping just a bit when the phone rang. It was Marge's husband, Fred D., who asked if I'd take him to the emergency room at Atlanticare. He had been to his cardiologist and was told to go in right away.
Of course, I said I would and picked him up in a few minutes. Drove there without incident and went in while he explained to the in-take person and got a bracelet put on. I assumed that meant he'd be admitted, so I decided it was okay to leave him. I did and got home to see most of the weeding done--yay! The two of us then tidied up a bit and brought the porch furniture out. What a job and I'm so glad it's done.
I was pleased to see a lot of lily-of-the-valley nicely filling in the back bed. I got the original plants from the home of my dear friend of forty years, Elaine M., after she had died. I cut some and they are gracing the living room.

No comments:

Tuesday And Noreen

I had planned to go to Verizon first before my lunch with Noreen. It's down Mills Street from the mall, where the transit center is, too...