Monday, May 16, 2011

In heavy rain, Mike and I drove to Boscov's, where he bought two pairs of shoes, three shirts, and four ties. I saw a darling, solar-powered kitty with a green glass body, which I must have for the front or I'll sicken and die. Didn't get it, but maybe will later. Bought two pashima scarfs I'll probably use as gifts.
Luckily, the rain had stopped by the time we left, and we decided to go to the "Blue Grass and BBQ" festival at the Tuckerton Seaport. Did so, and had an enjoyable time. There were several blue grass combos and other attractions and we enjoyed pulled pork sandwiches and, in my case, Jersey-brewed beer. (I can never tell the difference between these and Budweiser, but like to support local beer, anyway.)
Toured the seaport area, climbed to the top of the lighthouse, and took pictures--the sun came out full and it was such fun to be with my boy.
Home, we played Scrabble. I'm an abysmal player and lost badly. After that, it was time for Mike to go. He did about 5:00 and, while I always miss him when he leaves, it was marginally better this time. For one thing, I've seen a fair amount of him recently--in December, February, and now May--and for another, they'll be moving to London in July, which is a helluva lot closer than Singapore. Can't wait to visit.
Went to the viewing for Jim B., Libby's husband, about 7:00. Stayed about a half hour chatting with friends, then left. It's funny that I never saw the guy until last night when he wasn't--uh, quite himself.
Got a call from Rose G., asking about son P. in Tokyo and we had a nice chat.
May go to a kid's baseball game tonight, depending on the weather.

No comments:

Wednesday And Choosing Sides

I did some filing and cleaning up in the morning; also emailed the office that I need a new toilet seat. Left at 10:30 and got the 11 bus to...