Friday, May 13, 2011

Well, darn it all. I had posted an entry yesterday for Wednesday and Blogger went down. I didn't realize it then, but the whole thing is gone. Okay, just a synopsis: I had gotten the promise to weed from a dear heart up north. She came, I helped a bit, then got a call from Fred, Marge's husband, asking if I'd take him to the hospital. He had been to his cardiologist and was told to go to the ER immediately. I took him, they put a bracelet on, so I left. The weeding all around the house was almost finished--boy, does it look good and boy, am I grateful. We also put the nice porch furniture, with cushions back, a wonderful spring chore. To top it off, I switched my cold weather dinnerware to my summer ones (yes, I'm the kind of cockamamie type who does that).
Yesterday (Thursday) was the Women's Club Luncheon/Fashion Show at SeaOaks. I modelled two outfits; loved both of them, but they're from Coldwater Creek and their stuff is very pricey, so I didn't buy. Had a great time at the luncheon.
After, I changed, then drove to Bob's and bought a beautiful hanging basket of fuchsia for the shepherd's crook out front, a pot of inpatients for the porch, and six each of red salvia and a pretty spreading plant with a white flower. Put the last in the front flower bed, although I haven't put them in the ground yet.
A lot more went on in the last two days, but the hell with it.
Spent today cleaning for my visitor--son Mike will be here about 8:00--yay!

No comments:

Monday

 I slept pretty well, I'm happy to say: got up once, but went back until after 6:00.  Got a call from Zak Dental to see if I could come ...