Thursday, May 26, 2011

Firmed up weekend plans with Marilyn--who'll be driving--and Noelle, my hostess. Hit a snag, though, on reservations at the motel where we stayed before. No vacancies, I guess because this is the start of the Memorial Day weekend. Checked with another motel and am waiting to hear back from that one. I may have to stay at J. and N.'s, at least for a night. Wouldn't mind at all, and I hope they wouldn't.
Grumbling and groaning--well, internally--all the way, I completed the three-mile at the clubhouse. Thought I'd better, as I'll be in upstate Pennsy for the next three days. It's amazing how much longer it seems than the two-mile--a piece of cake on Mondays and Fridays.
Found a good recipe for the chicken breasts I had bought, which includes browning them in a pan first, then putting in crock pot with a lemon/garlic sauce. I also cut up a yam and put that in the smaller pot. Made a salad and added broccoli, plus fresh Jersey strawberries--unadorned--for dessert and it was yummy.
My dinner guest arrived about 4:00 after running, took a shower, then we ate and went to the "baby baseball" game. Enjoyed it, although the gnats were terrible. Left after the third inning to go to the wellness fair at the school. I wasn't in agreement at what they were pushing as healthy food: granola loaded with all kinds of additives and heavy on the sugar, for instance. Enjoyed the day, anyway, as I always do with this particular guest.
Have decided to tell Pat L., my knitting teacher, that it isn't for me. I have a second lesson today, but just don't want to continue it. Hope her feelings aren't hurt; will bring her some strawberries as a thank-you gift.
First rehearsal tonight for my one-act play--a skit, really--tonight with Frank and George.

No comments:

Thursday

Well, it started off nicely, but things got murky later. R.E. agent Kim emailed me the Certificate of  Occupancy, which means the house pass...