Thursday, May 19, 2011

Arrived at Marge's at 9:00 am. Her son-in-law had already taken Fred for the medical procedure. I had made sandwiches and a big salad for lunch and added some bananas, chocolate chip cookies, and packets of tea. In my Little Red Riding Hood guise, I packed it all in a basket and covered it with a pretty cloth.
Marge seems marginally better than she had last week. She's still very frail, in some pain, and alarmingly thin, but I think her spirits have lifted a bit. We enjoyed good-friends talk, I served her lunch, then bustled around washing up the dishes and so on.
Marge's physical therapist came in and instructed her in some mild exercises. He's probably in his sixties and a big talker. Somehow we got on the subject of the world ending, which I had understood will occur on Saturday, but he assured me that it would be on my birthday, December 21, 2012, because the planets would be aligned or something. Well, things to worry about...
I stayed until Fred and Tom got back, made soup for the former, chatted with the latter, and left about 1:30 in yet more rain (it's been raining since the beginning of the world). Went to Shop-Rite, worked on a new article for the paper, then puttered around with this and that.
Having my first knitting lesson today, thanks to new friend, neighbor Pat L. Hope I can grasp it without too much problem.

2 comments:

Jim Wetzel said...

My daughter does some knitting, and never had any personal instruction (neither my wife nor I has ever knitted). She says she learned how from the internet.

Truly, it's an age of miracles!

Mimi said...

Leaned from the Internet?!? Heavens, I can't imagine it, but maybe it's a resource so I won't have to bother my teacher, Pat, too much.

Wednesday

It was quite an enjoyable day after all the must-do-this, can't-find-that of the last few.  Changed the bed, washed the sheets, and jump...