Monday, May 23, 2011

Betty and Muckie got here, as scheduled, about 10:00 and we chatted a bit before heading to the Tuckerton Seaport for the Irish Festival. B. and M. enjoyed the venue; I took them to the lighthouse and along the boardwalk to the little cabins with woodcarvers and so on working. The festival was okay, with Gaelic music and food, including Philly cheesecake (about as Irish as Sylvester Stallone) and the usual overpriced jewelry and other items. It was, however, overcast and cool, not the most festive weather for affairs like this.
We decided not to have lunch there, but tried ScoJo's--no luck, there was a long wait--so went to Dynasty Diner. I foolishly had a big hamburger and a beer, knowing I was going out for dinner. They dropped me off about 2:00 and I puttered around until it was time to go over to Susan's for the Dine Around Dinner.
This was in Bayville, about 20 minutes away, and was in a private room. I had great fun with this crowd--about thirty attended--and, incredibly, the fixed price included wine and beer, along with a full-course dinner. Being already full from lunch, I had the stuffed flounder (mediocre), sides (so-so), and three glasses of Chardonnay (excellent). We got home after nine and Ellen had left a message. I called her back, but was so tired, we decided to get back to each other today.
I have a wellness fair and a baseball coming up on Wednesday, but aside from that, nothing much until Friday, when I go with Marilyn to Wellsboro. I'm actually looking forward to a lull--of course, it may not stay that way.

No comments:

Thursday

Well, it started off nicely, but things got murky later. R.E. agent Kim emailed me the Certificate of  Occupancy, which means the house pass...