Tuesday, May 24, 2011

As noted, it was an unscheduled day. Went to Manahawkin where I bought no fewer than four--well, not exactly hats, but close. Three are visors, as I don't like the sun in my eyes, and the other is a crocheted hat with a big brim. I fondly believe I look like Scarlett O'Hara in it--or at least Vivian Leigh--and want to take it to Florida.
Called Marge to see what I could do for her and Fred; ran an errand for her. She's so depressed, as her pain hasn't eased much and it seem such a long, hard recovery. Wish I could help more.
Went to Bob's in late afternoon and bought three impatient plants in white and five more geraniums in red. Will try to plant today.
Heard from Julie S. Her husband, George, will be in my play and we're tentatively meeting Thursday night. I don't want to go too late, as I'm leaving for Wellsboro early the next day.
I HOPE the sun comes out one of these days!
WIDER: Fred Reed again. He just tells the truth and boy, if certain subset, a very large one, of people should read him, they'd think he was ripe for hanging. Here's a bit of his latest, in which he equates "patriots" to members of dog packs:
"...Part of patriotism is nationalism, the political expression of having given up to the pack all independence of thought. Patriotism is of course incompatible with morality. This is more explicit in the soldier, a patriot who agrees to kill anyone he is told to kill by the various alpha-dogs—President, Fuehrer, emperor, Duce, generals."
But the whole piece must be read:
http://www.fredoneverything.net/Patriotism.shtml

No comments:

Thursday

Well, it started off nicely, but things got murky later. R.E. agent Kim emailed me the Certificate of  Occupancy, which means the house pass...