Sunday, May 08, 2011

Slow-pokey day. After our walk and breakfast, I surveyed the front flower bed with a sinking heart. Tons of dried leaves caught in the bushes, acres of weeds, and a general air of disrepute says it all. Happened to see Dennis and his helper, Brett, down the street, walked up and heard from Brett he cleans out stuff like that. He came out to look and gave me an incredibly low-ball estimate. Agreed on the spot and he'll come over on Monday.
Talked at length with Naomi P. and Anne Mary H., who called to thank me for a Mother's Day card for those who "mother" dogs. Just happened to see it and she appreciated the gesture.
Got a Skype call from P. and N. P. led me through an attempt to retrieve a picture from Picasa, but we had no luck. Pic is of my mother on her wedding day. I finally took a picture of it with the camera and put it on. Thanked them for my lovely (original, of course) card and droll pin. Received a beautiful gardenia plant from Mike and a gift card for Red Lobster from Ellen, as well as a darling card from the little boys in Wellsboro. Will meet the other offspring up north today.
The big news is I started the Atkins diet. Went to Shop-Rite for a chicken and olives. So far, so good (twenty-four hours down--whee!)

No comments:

Thursday

Left for the mall and Target a bit after 10:00. Returned the two large towels, picked up two packages of blueberries, then walked to The Mar...