Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Woke up with a backache--dunno why. I'm so seldom under the weather that it always comes as a surprise when I have such minor ailments. As usual, stopped for Susan for our walk at 7 am, but had to beg off halfway out. Susan is such a thoughtful neighbor: She came over shortly after to bring me a heating pad and some Ibuprofen. They seem to have helped, as my back's okay today; unfortunately, I got up with a slight sore throat. I've got a birthday cake to make today, then I go up north for the party and will stay over, so I've gotta recover fast. To prepare for baking, I took five eggs out of the refrig to come to room temperature (cake calls for egg whites and they whip up better if not cold) and a stick and half of butter. I have to leave by 4:00, so must bake the cake early, so it can cool thoroughly before I ice it.
Found a wonderful new produce place in Northfield. Bought two beautiful purple mums and planted them at the cemetery; they look so nice. Couldn't resist a few other house plants, too--an African violet and a kalamantra (? I can't spell it and neither can SpellCheck), both in full bloom.
Mary Ann Van O. stopped in and we chatted for a bit. Got Karen's flyer about the reading of Eating The Bear which we'll present on December 11, as well as a press release. They both look good.

No comments:

Tuesday And Noreen

I had planned to go to Verizon first before my lunch with Noreen. It's down Mills Street from the mall, where the transit center is, too...