Saturday, November 06, 2010

Got a lot of the garage cleared out. We separated things into three piles: trash, thrift store, and consignment shop. Now all I have to do is find a consignment shop, as the one on Route 9 closed, I was dismayed to see.
While we were working, I got a call from friend, Marge D. She told me her husband, Fred, was in the hospital and her daughter is on vacation in Florida. Of course, I was happy to offer to pick him up if he was discharged. He was, later in the day, and I picked her up, then to Atlanticare. As Marge remarked, I have plenty of experience in going there, unhappily enough.
Fred had had a minor stroke last week and this time, thought he was having a heart attack, but luckily, it turned out to be a false alarm. He got out pretty quickly and we got close to home without incident. He insisted on having me drive to Dynasty Diner and treated me to dinner--very enjoyable (I haven't eaten out since--well, last week) and we had a lively conversation, as well as, for me, rare sirloin.
I was asked to visit the thrift store and see if I can pick up two 20- to 30-cup coffee makers, which I'll do today. As I have my trunk filled with thrift store donations from the garage, I'll be able to drop them off, too. Hope they're still accepting donations.

No comments:

Monday

 I slept pretty well, I'm happy to say: got up once, but went back until after 6:00.  Got a call from Zak Dental to see if I could come ...