Friday, November 12, 2010

A delightful day that made me appreciate family and friends even more than I did. During our walk, Susan told me she had bought a hundred daffodils from a mail order place and she and Walter would be planting them immediately. Later in the morning, Walter called to say they had run out of room after 88 plantings and wanted to come right over and plant at my place--yahoo! I rushed outside and pulled up the (dead and gone) golden bells, and quickly prepared the soil. W. and S. came over with their equipment and planted an even dozen daffs in my front bed. What great neighbors!
Got a welcome call from sister Betty, who told me she's going to Chicago for Thanksgiving. Sorry she won't be joining us, but am glad she'll be with oldest son and family.
Showered and changed and met my dear friend, Marilyn, at SeaOaks. We had a leisurely lunch, then she followed me home and we talked for another hour. We had a wonderful reunion, with much good talk, plenty of laughter, and a good measure of tears besides. After she left, I went to Mary S.'s to have her scan an article and picture of mine for The Breeze.
Got home and saw on my e-mail that friend Marge had sent me an update on Fred's health. The news isn't entirely good, but at least he seems to be recovering from a fall he took in the hospital. His cardiologist has recommended some surgical procedures and he's very leery about them. I'll keep in touch.
Called Ellen V. and left a message of good luck on her machine. Blithe Spirit opens tonight and I'll be there to cover concessions.
To top off a fine day, Mike called about 7:30 on the web cam and I got to see him and my beautiful little granddaughters. He told me to look outside on the porch for a package, I did, and found a big box from the florist he patronizes. I opened it while he was on the line and found a breath-taking wreath made of seashells. It's a Thanksgiving gift, and it's beautiful. Will have to ask Susan or somebody to get it out of the box, as it's fastened in; can't wait to see it up.
So my day was replete, having contact with many of those who mean the most to me.

No comments:

Wednesday

It was quite an enjoyable day after all the must-do-this, can't-find-that of the last few.  Changed the bed, washed the sheets, and jump...