Monday, November 15, 2010

Completed a number of errands early in the day, then got to the community center at 1:00. Set up the snacks, made coffee in the two gigantic urns (35 or so cup capacities), and otherwise prepared for theatre-goers. Audience again fairly sparse--I think Friday night was the most heavily attended--but they were engaged and appreciative. Frank, Casey B., and Rose helped me wait on customers.
For the first time, I stayed to see Spirit all the way through and I enjoyed it immensely. With repetition, the players improved and the special effects were great: books, vases, and flowers flying off shelves, and so on.
By the time the performance was over, it was a bit after 5:00. I stayed another hour or so, helping to "strike the set" (take everything on the stage down and out). It's such a shame we have to completely dismantle it and remove all props to get them back to their owners or store them before Monday morning. This includes, of course, taking apart the impromptu dressing room put up backstage with wood panels and nails.
So...another production over. Now we're looking forward to Our Town in the spring. I've already sent to Amazon for the script and am starting to practice my New England accent. Yep, I'm trying again for stardom!

No comments:

Wednesday

It was quite an enjoyable day after all the must-do-this, can't-find-that of the last few.  Changed the bed, washed the sheets, and jump...