Sunday, November 21, 2010

Made two loaves of banana bread and was pleased to see they came out beautifully. Wrapped one and put it in the freezer for Thanksgiving; will take the other to "Sunday at the Arts" today, as I said I'd bring refreshments. Will also provide grapes, pretzels, and the white chocolate chip cookies Susan gave me last week that I had in the freezer. Mary Ann Van O. stopped in and brought me two figs, as I had never eaten one. Did so and found them okay, I guess, but not as good as mangos.
Went to Acme, then pretty much lolled around until time for the "Food, Friends, And Fun" monthly dinner.
It was at the Tuckerton Pub and I went with the H.'s and had a good time. There were only eleven attendees, a nice group. I hadn't been at this place for several years and never liked it much, but last night, I ordered Mako shark and found it very tender and tasty. Ray ordered a glass of Yuengling and I followed suit, not realizing it's a dark beer, which I didn't think I liked. However, this was good and to prove it, I had another.
These things start early--we met at 5:00--and even after a liesurely meal and much conviviality, I was home not long after 7:00.

No comments:

Tuesday And Noreen

I had planned to go to Verizon first before my lunch with Noreen. It's down Mills Street from the mall, where the transit center is, too...