Monday, November 22, 2010

To signify presentations other than operas, Mary Ann changed the name of her gatherings from "Sunday Opera At The Clubhouse" to "Sunday Musical Arts." I had refreshments for yesterday, so went early. Brought a loaf of my newly-baked banana bread, the "reverse cookies"* Susan had given me, plus grapes and pretzels; Mary Ann supplied the coffee. Everybody--all five of them--liked the food.
The show was The Nutcracker and this Royal Ballet production was performed and recorded 33 years ago. It starred a wonderfully young, lithe, and vibrant Mikhail Baryshnikov and was so enjoyable.
Later, I got a welcome web cam call from darling daughter Ellen and we discussed a range of subjects, from art collectors to Margaritas (yum!) to the possibility of a mountain spewing lava and threatening southern California (don't ask).
WIDER: I posted an entry today on the blog I share with other, like-minded folks:
http://deadhorse1995.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Tuesday And Noreen

I had planned to go to Verizon first before my lunch with Noreen. It's down Mills Street from the mall, where the transit center is, too...