Saturday, November 27, 2010

Home about ten, I did a coupla this 'n' that around the house. Stopped at the Little Egg Library and found it closed, so drove to the Manahawkin branch. My interest in Tom Hanks is waning, but I picked up a DVD called Nothing In Common, one of his early ones. Watched a bit, but it isn't terrific, so I may just skip the rest. Replenished my supply of veggies while I was in town.
Later, I worked on a (second in a week) Dead Horse post with this background: After reading my "Hired Killers" entry of November 22, my Indiana* friend, Jim Wetzel, commented about it on his own blog, The Chestnut Tree Cafe. I wrote out a response to him on Dead Horse on Word and, after I was finally finished, pressed "Select All," then tried to copy to Dead Horse. To my horror, I somehow erased the whole thing--all my carefully structured points and finely crafted words down the drain! I'm not sure how this happened--maybe it was a malfunction or maybe I had accidentally pressed "enter." I was horrified--until it occurred to me it wasn't deathless prose, for heaven's sake, and it wasn't as if Jim and I disagreed, anyway. So I just re-wrote it as well as I could remember and posted.
Watched the rest of Our Town, then cut the half apple pie I had brought home from Thanksgiving and took two pieces over to Susan and Walter. Did the same at Ray and Barb's. (Barb gave me a brochure from Ocean County Parks and asked me to see if I'm interested in any.) Stopped at Frank and Barbara's last to give them pie. Chatted for a bit, then they invited me to dinner. Considered this for a nanosecond and accepted. We had leftovers, some White Zin, and a drop of Bailey's to top it off--so good and the talk and laughs were even better.
*Indiana! That seems to me as exotic and mysterious as Addis Ababa.

No comments:

Wednesday

Busy, but not in a good way. I'm sure nobody else would want to read it, but I've elaborated on my entry a few spots down entitled &...