Saturday, November 20, 2010

It was a beautiful fall day and a good full one. After exercise and breakfast, I picked up Mary Ann at 11:00 and we stopped at her bank and the dollar store, then drove over to the jewelry place on Tilton Road. Spent almost an hour there and Mary Ann bought several items; I bought a few for gifts. We then had a leisurely and enjoyable lunch at Shore Diner, after which we stopped at the 69-cent store and practically filled my back seat with all kinds of useless items. Made a quick visit to the cemetery, then went to the real (we kept telling ourselves) reason for the trip: Santori's for produce. I got grapes, bananas, broccoli, and lemons and Mary Ann bought everything else in the place. She wants to make roasted vegetables for Thanksgiving and I think she'll have enough for the entire population of Rhode Island and the standing army. Didn't get home until almost 5:00.
Decided to make banana bread and got enough bananas for two loaves. I'm doing refreshments for "Sunday At The Opera" tomorrow and will bring that, plus grapes and something else I may make from scratch or just buy. Will go with the H.'s to the "Food, Friends, And Fun" dinner tonight.

No comments:

Tuesday And Noreen

I had planned to go to Verizon first before my lunch with Noreen. It's down Mills Street from the mall, where the transit center is, too...