Thursday, November 25, 2010

The pies turned out great, if I say it myself and I do. Pies are trickier than cakes, especially the crusts, so although my recipe is for a two-crust pie, I made a recipe and a half. There's nothing worse than coming up short on crust. (Well, maybe hanging by your thumbs for three days is worse, but just barely.) By the time I had pared, sliced, and spiced the apples, dumped them in, and baked it, it was past noon and I started on the pumpkin. This is much easier to assemble and both were finished and cooling on the counter by 2:00. Drove to Manahawkin to pick up a gift for Robert, who will be four years old on Tuesday. After, I watched part of Our Town, the T.V. version starring Paul Newman, of all people. I've never been a fan of his, but he isn't half bad in this. I want to get an idea of the flavor of the play, as I intend to audition for one or more part.
Happy Thanksgiving to all, especially E.M. in Ventura, P. and N. in Tokyo, and M, P., V., and V. in Singapore! I'm thankful for you and your sister and her family every day of my life.

No comments:

Wednesday And Choosing Sides

I did some filing and cleaning up in the morning; also emailed the office that I need a new toilet seat. Left at 10:30 and got the 11 bus to...