Sunday, October 10, 2010

Skipped our regular walk, but hustled down to the clubhouse on foot at 7:30 to check things out about the flea market. Talked to Pat H., the chair, and she said I could come back with the car and set up, which I did. What a job! I guess I could have gotten closer, but I parked a distance away from the table and had to walk back and forth carrying things. Luckily, Ray happened to be there, and he and Doug H. helped.
Well, it was a mixed bag of a day. I sold a fair number of things, including the big items I didn't want to haul away. Now, I'm not talking about expensive things, just physically big ones: a hand-painted child's bench, a hose holder, a large artificial plant (I use only natural ones), and finally, a Halloween witch about three feet tall. Sounds as if I made a lot of dough, right? Ha! It just about covered dinner and to top it off, I bought something (nice nautical bookends I couldn't resist) from Joan O.
The flea market was scheduled for 9 to 3, but I packed up at 12:30. Very few "outside" (of Sunrise Bay) people came, partly, I guess, because the thing was poorly publicized. I had gotten rid of the major things at that point, so left.
Put the crap back in the garage, had a bite, took a shower and prepared for going out to dinner with the "Food, Fun, And Friends" gang. Went with the H.'s., as Susan and Walter were hosting. Brought a bottle of what I thought was white zinfandel, but was actually red; drank it anyway. Susan and I had conspired ahead of time to wear the matching shirtwaist dresses that we had bought separately. She looked great and, if I say it myself, so did I. I wore with it my silver turtle bracelet which was extravagantly admired--well, by the women, that is.
Ordered two appetizers--shrimp bisque, which was sublime and escargot and mushrooms, which wasn't (they weren't even in the shells!)--instead of an entree. Had a ball talking and laughing with my friends for several hours.
Today, I'd better get down to brass tacks and do some cleaning before the place is condemned by the Board of Health. Tomorrow, I'm meeting Vivian L. for dinner in Manahawkin.

No comments:

Thursday

Left for the mall and Target a bit after 10:00. Returned the two large towels, picked up two packages of blueberries, then walked to The Mar...