Saturday, October 02, 2010

Susan and I walked under umbrellas yesterday, but even so, by the time we got home, we were soaked from the waist down. Threw my slacks and sneaks in the dryer and was able to wear them to exercise.
After breakfast, thanks to sister Betty telling her tale of woe about trying to sort out paperwork before she comes east, plus Susan mentioning the recycle plant in Manahawkin will shred documents today, I galvanized myself and actually spent an hour clearing out! I could hardly haul the box to the car, it was so heavy, but I did it and I'm proud. Called Betty to tell her about it.
Later, still in heavy weather, drove to Shop-Rite in Mays Landing, then to M & S--charming name--for red cabbage and yams, then to the cemetery. Although I love warm, sunny days, even I was getting a bit tired of the perpetual brightness. It reminded me of some people I know who absolutely insist that this is the best of all worlds and if you can't find the rainbow, you're not looking hard enough, and so on and nauseatingly on. No, I don't think this is the best of all possible worlds--it could be a lot better--and even if I do find the occasional rainbow, I believe it tends to fade fast. So I thought it good to finally have a long, soaking rain. (But now I want it to stop!)
NOTE: Just came across this from Gail Collins in the NYTimes:
"...if a cat gives birth to kittens in the oven, it does not make them muffins."
Laughed out loud.

No comments:

Thursday

Well, it started off nicely, but things got murky later. R.E. agent Kim emailed me the Certificate of  Occupancy, which means the house pass...