Thursday, October 14, 2010

The exterminator guy (mice) is coming today, so yesterday, I cleaned up, especially the kitchen. Also cut up cauliflower and carrots and put them in the large slow cooker with spices AND did red potatoes, onions, and garlic in the small one. Had some of both for dinner, along with sauerkraut and ff hot dogs.
Called my Cincinnati sis--dear cousin Marifran--and we had a good talk. Went to the cemetery; mums still look great. Picked up cottage cheese, veggies, and so on at Acme. Stopped at the library after dinner, chagrined to realize it was already dark at seven. Got the DVD Thank You For Smoking; watched about half, found it boring and unfunny, so quit.
Other than that--nothin' going on--SO...
That gives me a chance to rant about the Bank of America and--my old nemesis--Comcast. BOA credited an old, non-existent Visa account of mine with my payment, which meant I was charged a late fee for the legitimate one and I was on the phone with no fewer than five people (was cut off and had to re-explain everything twice) and finally, they admitted--with very poor grace, though--it was their error, but this entailed an hour on the phone and giving them access to my checking account, and...aagh!
Now Comcast: Blithely, without warning, and without even a twinge of conscience, I'm willing to bet, that corporate spawn of the devil raised my bill by $21 a month. I called, of course, and of course, was told my "promotional" fee had ended. After only half-hearted histrionics on my end--I had exhausted myself dealing with BOA--the rep casually offered to lower the monthly bill to $123.36, almost eighteen dollars less than what I paid before! Of course, I accepted this adjustment, but it infuriates me, nevertheless. Where do these hungry whores get off changing their fees--oh, I know, I was told this when I got Comcast, but that doesn't make it right--then switching them again when somebody calls to protest? It's discouraging to realize these practices are allowed--indeed, encouraged--by the pompous crooks in Washington, our "representatives"--note well the sneering quote marks--who are full to bursting after gorging at the overflowing trough provided by just those bandits and stick-up artists who plunder the country without pause or retribution...
Oh, the hell with it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the pictures, Mom. Very nice flowers at the cemetary and the house. You must've been working a lot on your garden this year. Congrats!
(E)

Wednesday

Busy, but not in a good way. I'm sure nobody else would want to read it, but I've elaborated on my entry a few spots down entitled &...