Saturday, October 30, 2010

Larry went back to the hospital in the late afternoon while I stayed here to wash clothes and so on. Helen was very uncomfortable--and hungry--in the recovery area, but was finally taken to a regular room and is doing well.
Most of the daughters and at least one granddaughter in this accomplished family are in the nursing profession. In fact, son, Larry, recently earned his LPN and plans to continue on to his R.N. Karen teaches nursing, and was with Helen most of yesterday; R.N. Elaine came in again later. R.N. Jeanne lives up in Jacksonville, and she and her physician husband, Vic, kept in close touch by phone, as did other family members.
Coming home about 8:30, Larry brought dinner from Boston Market--very tasty, too. I sipped red wine with it, then topped it off with Bailey's Irish Creme over caramel ice cream, about the most luscious dessert in the universe, it seems to me.
Poor Larry woke up with a cold. I told him my Ellen swears by Zicam and he said he'll go out and get some shortly.

No comments:

Tuesday And Noreen

I had planned to go to Verizon first before my lunch with Noreen. It's down Mills Street from the mall, where the transit center is, too...