Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Having an absolute ball in Miami. Here's just a mere mention of a few activities, not inclusive, by any means: On Sunday, Larry and Helen took me to a restaurant for breakfast on the "broadwalk" right on the beach, sun sparking on the beautiful Atlantic. Later, two of the little great-grands, Mia and Kayla, 4 and 2, came over with their remarkably young-looking grandmother, my niece Karen. Such adorable kids--bright and feisty and oh, yeah, full of energy. Larry and I went to one of Miami's spacious parks and briskly walked the two-mile path, virtuous exercisers that we are. Later, granddog Rocky came to stay for a few days, as his mummy, Alicia, took her baby, Bella, to Washington to attend her husband's graduation from CIA school Rocky was brought over by either Rudy, Nick, or another young teenager, I think the uncle of a boy who's older than he is. (I'll straighten all this out later.) Helen made a scrumptious dinner of rosemary chicken and sides, and I devoured every bite, recalcitrant former dieter that I am. Got a call from darling daughter, Ellen; she'd have a great time with her cousins, I know; hope she'll be able to get together with them before too long.
Funny incident: I had closed my door, but not tightly, and awoke at about 4 am with the bed shaking. Oh, good grief, an earthquake! But wait a minute, this isn't California, it's Florida. It was cockapoo Rocky who decided he'd rather sleep with me than on the floor--some choice--which may or may not have been made by the other men in my life. Thought I'd move to the other room and let him have it, but he followed me to the hall and I went back to my own bed without him.
Yesterday, accompanied L. and H. to H.'s eye doctor--she'll have cataract surgery soon--then to daughter Elaine's lovely house. Talked to daughter Jeannie on the phone, then went to lunch at a Victorian tea room. Elaine is mother of Alicia, grandmother to others, and doggie's mum to cute little Fritz. After that, Larry and I dropped Helen off at home and went to his gym for about an hour and a half. Had a good, vigorous session on the treadmill and several weight machines. Got home and asked to go in the pool, which I did while L. and H. went out for prescriptions. It was cool, but I got in and swam; when Larry came back, he got in,too, then we sat out in the yard and talked. Was I interested in going to Disney world? Does a bear--uh, live in the woods? Damn straight, I'm interested! So we're going tomorrow and will stay over two nights--yay!
Right now, Larry's getting a shower and he and I will tour downtown Miami after taking Helen to the doctor. Speaking of Helen, she's been waiting on me hand and foot--great food and great fun with my dear bro and sis, a relaxed and happy atmosphere, and a pool in the backyard--geez, they may never get rid of me.

No comments:

Thursday

Well, it started off nicely, but things got murky later. R.E. agent Kim emailed me the Certificate of  Occupancy, which means the house pass...