Friday, April 02, 2010

A sun-filled, fun-filled, all around great day. Got the Steel Magnolias display up in the library. It looks okay, I guess, although I'm not entirely satisfied with it. The case itself is ugly, with a sickly yellow background and a lot of metal shelf brackets. I may go back and change it if I can think of a better way to do it.
Lots of phone calls back and forth about opinions surrounding the new community paper of which I'll be a part. The publisher of the current one put out an issue with a full page of letters of support, some containing personal attacks on the board. The upcoming board meeting on Monday should be v-e-r-r-y interesting--and heated, I'm sure. There's no doubt it will be heavily attended by factions on both sides of the topic.
I planted the pansies (a dozen) and violas (ten) around the tree in front and they look gorgeous. It was a glorious day, temp got up to at least 75 and don't I love it.
Just had time after my outdoor labors to jump in the shower, cook up a piece of tilapia for dinner, then dress for rehearsal. When I got there, I was chagrined when Mary Ellen told me she had called both land and cell phone several times to invite me to dinner with her and Ellen. Not sure how I missed her, but I did.
However, after rehearsal, eight of us went to Calloway's to celebrate Kathy's fortieth and we had a ball. Andrea brought cupcakes with candles and we all sang "Happy Birthday." I gave her the calla lily plant, which she liked a lot. Didn't get home until very late for me, and to bed at midnight, but so what? It was a neat day.

No comments:

Thursday

Left for the mall and Target a bit after 10:00. Returned the two large towels, picked up two packages of blueberries, then walked to The Mar...