Friday, April 23, 2010

Dress rehearsal last night, which was very well received by the audience of about a dozen. We still--or again--had problems with the scene in which Shelby reveals that her mother, M'Lynn, will give her a kidney. That's always a stinker, as there are a lot of lines that have little or no relationship to the cues. We covered pretty well, though, and the rest of the performance was good.
I haven't been taking my usual 7:00 am walk with Susan the last few days; I just think it's better for me to get plenty of sleep. Yesterday, I didn't wake up until 9:00, unprecedented for me. I keep meaning to try to take a nap during the day, but so far, haven't be able to. Maybe I can today.
In just hours, the dream comes true: acting in front of the paying customers. I feel relaxed, confident, happy, and prepared.

1 comment:

Pat said...

YES!

Thursday

Well, it started off nicely, but things got murky later. R.E. agent Kim emailed me the Certificate of  Occupancy, which means the house pass...