Tuesday, April 13, 2010

A mixed--but overall good--day when it came to activities. Spent some boring time cleaning in preparation for Scrabble here today, then hopped in the shower before attending a meeting for The Breeze newsletter. Several of us thought it bizarre--and cumbersome--to have residents other than staff members attend. There were four there and why they were there is hard to fathom; lots of talk, but not much got resolved.
At 4:30, I went next door to the D.'s and we drove to Point Pleasant Beach for the "Boss of the Sauce" event. It was held at a huge restaurant on the boardwalk and we met the R.'s there--they had been at a funeral upstate. Had to wait in a long line for about twenty minutes, but that was okay.
The place was jammed with people, and no wonder: It cost only $5.00 to get in and you could then sample pasta, sauce, desserts, and a few sides to your heart's content. In addition, they gave out FREE (free, free!) wine. I had red, white, and sparkling and you can be sure, accompanied it with plenty of food. Of course, everything was served in minuscule portions, but so what? You could have as much as you wanted and I did.
There were a few tables and benches on the porch overlooking the ocean, but I didn't sit down at all--just ambled around accepting the grub with appreciation.
Patrons got a ticket when they came in (although a computer was used) and the idea was to vote for their favorite restaurants. With all the crowds and what not, I couldn't remember which I thought was best--they were all good--so I just kind of arbitrarily picked one some woman had recommended.
Got home a bit after 8:00 after another "different" excursion that I greatly enjoyed. Life's a banquet and I want to indulge to the full.

No comments:

Thursday

Well, it started off nicely, but things got murky later. R.E. agent Kim emailed me the Certificate of  Occupancy, which means the house pass...