Saturday, April 17, 2010

Ellen came over for lunch at noon and we read lines after. Went through the whole play and boy, do I need to bone up; so does Ellen to an extent, but her part is much shorter than mine. Frank and Barbara came in to congratulate me while Ellen was here and I've gotten lots of e-mail and Facebook messages doing the same.
It was after 5:00 when Ellen left and I impulsively called Mary Ellen ("M'Lynn in "Magnolias") to see if she wanted to go to dinner. She was with two friends, said they were about to leave for dinner at Panini Bay, and invited me along. Even mindful of Betty's admonition, "Never turn down an invitation," I changed my clothes, slapped on some makeup, and sped out the door. Had a wonderful dinner--pricey, but delish--of tilefish and sides and even ordered a sinfully rich "opera cake" (don't ask) to top it off.
I had barely walked in the door a bit after 9:00 when my darling niece, Joan, called. We had a great chat and I was thrilled to hear she's coming down for the show!
What a day--and what a lot of catching up I have to do. Today, we have "cue to cue" at 11:00, to get the tech staff up to snuff, and I have to bring my wardrobe, too. Yoicks, what pressure, but what fun!

No comments:

Wednesday

It was quite an enjoyable day after all the must-do-this, can't-find-that of the last few.  Changed the bed, washed the sheets, and jump...