Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Continuing getting-back-to-normal, I ran errands in the morning, went home for lunch, then to the cemetery to tidy up. Last time I was there, I noticed that the pansies in front of the headstone had been moved about three inches. Guess I should have found that eerie and run screaming away, but I'm not superstitious and I know the dead don't walk (it's the living you have to be afraid of). I surmised that the concrete base had been put in, so the grounds crew had to move the pansies. No big deal, but they were slightly off-kilter, so I went to Bob's and bought some low plants with white flowers to balance it out better. Also bought two azaleas, which I had been told are the only permanent plantings they allow. Older son, P., had left money for them in August, but much too much, so I'll reimburse him.
I had just walked in the door when I got a phone call from darling niece, Joan. We had a good long chat--so nice to hear from her--and I caught up on her and Jim's doings. She said she had talked to my brother, Frank, a few hours before and he's doing well; I'll call him today.

No comments:

Wednesday

Busy, but not in a good way. I'm sure nobody else would want to read it, but I've elaborated on my entry a few spots down entitled &...