Wednesday, April 07, 2010

Good, full day. Set up both crock pots with lentil stew in the big one, a pepper/onion/mushroom mix in the small before I picked up Susan at 10:30. We went to Bob's Garden Center in Egg Harbor and boy, did we have a ball. Bob's has acres of outdoor plants, all healthy and beautiful, as well as large room after room of gifts, garden supplies, artificial flowers and plants (seems odd, somehow), lawn furniture, and everything else even remotely connected to gardening. The place has so much we didn't even get to the greenhouses. Susan bought tall bamboo stakes for her gladioli, a cute little pink flamingo (I have one, too), a gardenia plant, and a few smaller items. I got two beautiful runculous (?--I don't know how to spell it and I bet Spellcheck doesn't, either) plus another, smaller border flower, and a gardenia of my own. Great place; I've loved it since we moved here, and now, so does Susan.
After, I suggested lunch and we went to Applebee's. Had shrimp, "island rice" and a cold Coors--yum! We then stopped at the cemetery and while we were there, Mary Ellen called to ask if I wanted to meet her at Calloway's for dinner and to read lines. Cognisant of my sister's advice never to turn down an invitation, I accepted with pleasure.
Got home about 3:00, returned some calls, rolled my biggest flower container to the porch, then jumped in the shower. Dressed and left about 4:30 to meet ME at 5:00.
Had a White Zin and Cobb salad, half of which I took home. After running through Act 1, Scene II twice, we went down the road to Barbara's for rehearsal. It's positive now that there won't be any added performance--sigh. I'm disappointed, but it can't be helped unless R.D. falls down a manhole pretty soon. (That expression--"falls down a manhole"--is so silly, but I've used it for years. Wonder if anybody falls down a manhole nowadays.)
Director Tara wasn't there, as she's in the throes of a divorce, and we discussed a gift for her; decided on a piece of jewelry made by ME's friend. The cast ran through the scene twice, then Andrea, the assistant director, asked if they'd do it again and, for the first time, I left before it was over. It was already after 9:00 and I had had a full day. Went home for my wine and popcorn, then slept soundly.

No comments:

Wednesday

Busy, but not in a good way. I'm sure nobody else would want to read it, but I've elaborated on my entry a few spots down entitled &...