Sunday, April 18, 2010

Talk about crunch time--we're in it. "Cue to cue" was called for 11:00, but I arrived early to find Tara working with tech Sean to coordinate that. I found and had brought, some of my costume items--we have four changes--but will probably modify them. More of the cast gathered and we "read lines" until it was time to get on stage.
For the first time, we ran through the whole play and boy, was it a disaster. First act wasn't too bad, but the second, and especially, the final scene, was a shambles. We just constantly fumbled and forgot--all of us, not only yours truly who, remember, had just stepped into the part less than 48 hours before.
Tara had another commitment and Andrea, the assistant director, is in Florida, so Barbara and Tonya took over at the helm. Rick W., who had been a member of LETCO (I had acted with him in the dinner theatre show at the Surf City Hotel) and is a reporter for the Downbeach newspaper, came in to take pictures. He then discovered the camera batteries were dead--nothing like being prepared--and he'll come back today.
By the time we had completed the play, it was after 5:00 and boy, was I bushed--so was everybody else--but Ellen, Mary Ellen, and I decided to go out for dinner, then read lines. We went to my house after eating at Scojo's, and "read" until about 10:30. We had a glass of White Zin, talked for another half hour or more, then broke up and I tottered to bed.
Call today is to go in at 7:00, but the three of us decided to make it 5:00 to get a little more rehearsal in.

No comments:

Wednesday And Choosing Sides

I did some filing and cleaning up in the morning; also emailed the office that I need a new toilet seat. Left at 10:30 and got the 11 bus to...