Friday, April 16, 2010

Holy smokes, good grief, and wow, wow, WOW! I found out last night that I'm stepping into the role of Clairee in Steel Magnolias! R.D., who had had the role since casting in January, simply wasn't up to it and director Tara made the change. I'm thrilled and excited, of course, but also scared to death. In exactly one week we go on, and I have yet to rehearse with the full cast, aside from last night when we did only parts of two scenes.
It was so great to finally be on the stage, although I have a lot to catch up on. Even more gratifying is the warmth and welcome my fellow cast members are extending--what a great group. Now I have to spend about every waking moment studying the part. To that end, my friend Ellen V., who plays Ouiser, is coming over for lunch and we'll read lines.
YIPPEE!

1 comment:

iloveac said...

Just read your happy news on Facebook. This is great. I had a feeling you would get it. You have been a faithful understudy and will have no problem going 'live'. Of course you're scared...who wouldn't be, but you're ready. Would love to see you perform. What a thrill. Yay for Rosemary! Savor the excitement. I'm so happy for you.
/pat

Thursday

Well, it started off nicely, but things got murky later. R.E. agent Kim emailed me the Certificate of  Occupancy, which means the house pass...