Thursday, April 08, 2010

Buzzed hither and yon on a busy, productive day. It was just like summer--sunny and up in the eighties, my favorite. Sweated out--literally--the three-mile walk at the clubhouse after our individual mile-and-a-half walk, then had breakfast. Typed out directions to the Community Center where "Magnolias" will be staged and attached it to the flyer. Drove to the Staples in Mays Landing to color-duplicate several of them, then to Eurocolor, my hairdresser, to distribute. When I got there, though, I was told they were moving to the new location (about 4 miles closer for me) on Tuesday, so I'll wait to drop them off.
Swung by Bob's and picked up the croaking frog I fell in love with on Tuesday. Idiot that I am, I put it on the front porch, where it will croak at people coming to the door. Stopped at the cemetery to dead-head the pansies on Pat's grave and cut a few wilting daffodils on Jay's. I've decided to dig up the daffs and plant a begonia or impatient in its place--something to last thorugh the summer.
After I got home, had some of the delectable lentil stew for lunch. Saw Barb D. and she reminded me of our sojourn to Point Pleasant Beach for the "Boss of the Sauce" contest on Monday. Stopped at Acme to pick up a few things, then dead-headed the pansies out front and hauled buckets of water to refresh the newly-planted forsythia out back. Bob S. turns on the outside water for me, charging half what Meticulous Lawn Service does, and I guess it's a little early. Found my air conditioner cover neatly folded on the porch and stopped over next door to thank Frank--he always does it. I was delighted to hear that the frog croaked at him.
After dinner--just a salad--I drove to the charming little library in Manahawkin. As I checked out (just got a DVD called "In Search of Shakespeare"), I saw an appeal for patrons to provide reminiscences of libraries they knew. I wrote about the Ventnor Library, right on the boardwalk. As a kid, I regarded it as a cathedral and I still do.
On Sunday, I'm going to attended a brunch in Ocean City for The Rosenberg Fund for Children, headed, intriguingly, by Michael Meerpool, the son of Julius and Ethel Rosenberg, who were executed as Communist spies a half-century ago. More on this later.
Note: Took my blood pressure at Acme and was a bit alarmed to see it was 103/66, which I'm afraid is dangerously low. But I feel great and am still above ground, so maybe not. Will check it again.

2 comments:

Pat said...

RBM,
B/P of 103/66 is fine. If you'd been running a B/P of 200/100, and today it was 103, it would not be fine.

Those drug store machines are rarely, if ever calibrated. So, it was probably not accurate.

Sounds like you're having fun with all your activities. Great.
/p

Mimi said...

Thanks, Pat--yes, things are perking right along. Hope you're well.

Wednesday

Busy, but not in a good way. I'm sure nobody else would want to read it, but I've elaborated on my entry a few spots down entitled &...