Monday, April 26, 2010

Well, it's over. Yesterday's performance was probably the least put-together--don't know why, maybe we were over-confident or just tired. Some of us missed major lines and/or put them in the wrong places, and/or screwed up the blocking. At least I don't think the audience noticed, which is always the most important thing. Anyway, it was a bit anti-climactic, although still fun. My high school friends, Mary and Jane, came and so did neighbors and friends, Dennis and Leslie, and other people I know.
After, we stayed to help the crew strike the set. Incredibly, everything had to be dismantled and taken away, so the space was transformed back into how it was before the play. That included all the furniture, props, and so on, not to mention the entire large and sturdy stage. Showtime was 2:30, it ran about three hours, then we met and greeted, and it was only after that the set was struck. I helped as much as I could with carrying stuff and two others and I took the "decorations" off the Christmas tree, which I'll give back to Susan when I meet her for our walk in a few minutes.
We agreed that we'd repeat the cast party in a month, as what with the fire and other logistical problems, not all of us could be there. Mary Ellen had gotten a big cake with "Kill, Rhett, Kill!" (a line from the show) written on it and Tonya took that home to put in the freezer. We gave Tara her gift--a beautiful, handmade necklace--and Andrea (assistant director) and Tonya and Barbara (stage managers) cards of appreciation. Billy gave us all goodie bags of hair products--I'm thinking about switching to him for my hair--and Mary Ellen gave us all notes of appreciation.
It's over, and that's a letdown, but it was the experience of a lifetime.

No comments:

Thursday

Left for the mall and Target a bit after 10:00. Returned the two large towels, picked up two packages of blueberries, then walked to The Mar...