Wednesday, April 14, 2010

My three Scrabble partners came over as expected and we had an enjoyable day. As hostess, I provideed had chocolate "goldfish," two kinds of whole grain pretzels, strawberries, and grapes. We played three games, then I served Milano cookies and coffee. They left about 4:30 and I cleaned up, took a shower, then went to rehearsal...
...to the wrong place. I had forgotten the crew had built the set at the Community Center over the weekend and I drove all the way to Barbara's. As soon as I spotted the house--no cars in the driveway--I knew my error. Chagrined, I sped back to the Community Center and was just a few minutes late.
The set is wonderful. You'd swear it was a real beauty salon that had been set up in a renovated carport, as the play specifies. Those behind the scenes LETCO members are just as important as the actors, that's a cinch. I was pleased to see that Desi S., the founder and first head of the acting company, was there. Ellen V. greeted me with a hug and kiss and so did he. Marge M. was also there for the first time--she's the wardrobe mistress--and I enjoyed seeing her, as well as all my pals in the cast.
It went okay, but boy, are they going to have to work hard now. Opening night is only nine days away and it's pretty ragged.
Talked to brother Frank, who's going to have a heart valve replacement next week. He's going to the Cleveland Clinic for it, and his two physician sons will be there. As my sister observed, "Boy, I'd hate to be the surgeon for that one."
Finally have a few days with nothing scheduled, and I want to do things I enjoy. Oops--come to think of it, when do I do anything else?

No comments:

Monday

 I slept pretty well, I'm happy to say: got up once, but went back until after 6:00.  Got a call from Zak Dental to see if I could come ...