Saturday, April 03, 2010

Imagine a day at the beach in Belmar with two little boys. It was brilliantly sunny, with the bluest of skies and the place was packed. Notice I didn't say it was warm, because it wasn't. There was a stiff wind coming off the ocean, but we didn't care. The kids loved playing in the sand and I loved watching and interacting with them. Stayed several hours, went to Dunkin' Donuts for lunch ((I had a tuna sandwich and coffee), then home after a thoroughly enjoyable outing.
Got back to Little Egg about 5:00 and did something I haven't done for months: I deliberately "broke my diet" at home, as opposed to indulging when I go out to eat. Went to Subway and got a chicken teriaki sandwich; when I got in, I scarfed it down with a cold Coors. Followed it with most of a container of Cool Whip, then slices of banana bread.
Boy, was that good and boy, does my stomach disagree.
WIDER: Another profound and absorbing essay-- by Chris Floyd at his "Empire Burlesque," which includes:
"Until Americans drop their addiction to war which is inextricably bound up with the widespread, bipartisan cult of exceptionalism -- there will be no stability, no security, no peace, no prosperity for ordinary people, neither at home or abroad."
But it's a crime to read just this. See it all at
The Silence of the Liberal Lambs: Outrage at Outliers, Hosannas for State Crime

No comments:

Wednesday

Busy, but not in a good way. I'm sure nobody else would want to read it, but I've elaborated on my entry a few spots down entitled &...