Monday, April 19, 2010

Five days to show time. Rehearsal was called for 7:00, but Ellen, Mary Ellen, and I decided to meet at 5:00 to go over lines. For various reasons, including a locked building, we didn't get in there until almost 7 anyway. Ran through the whole show and, un miraclu, it went pretty well. I forgot a lot of stuff and so did others, but at least we covered most blunders. It took forever, though, as the hairdresser, Billy, and his assistant, Somebody, did our "beginning of show" hair first. He put hot rollers in mine and teased and coaxed it into something approximating an eighties do; it looked great, but fell down in about an hour.
We didn't finish until after midnight and when I got home, I had two messages from Ellen. Sunday isn't Sunday when I don't talk to her, so I called her back and we had a good talk. Wish should could be here next weekend. Aagh! Next weekend! I can't believe it's coming up so soon--I'm not ready, I can't do it, I'll screw up, I, I, I,--
Nope; I'm confident it'll be fine.

No comments:

Tuesday And Noreen

I had planned to go to Verizon first before my lunch with Noreen. It's down Mills Street from the mall, where the transit center is, too...