Friday, November 30, 2007

Went to Shop-Rite in Galloway yesterday. Although it's more than twice as far as the one in Manahawkin (18 miles as opposed to 9), for some reason, it seems closer. It's also usually less crowded, plus it has the advantage of being right down the road from Santori's, so I like it.
Besides groceries, I bought four beautiful red poinsettia plants. I don't like to decorate for Christmas before December, but guess I'll put the autumn decorations away and rush the season by a day.
After a lull, I'm looking forward to a busier week: On Monday, I go to the doctor for a flu shot; Wednesday, I meet Vivian and another Wellspouse member for dinner; Thursday, I'll be staffing the local food pantry with Leslie*; Friday, I go to Surflight Theatre with Les and Dennis; and on Saturday, will attend the "tree-lighting ceremony" party at neighbor, Judy's. Even better, the week after that, I have two parties. Best of all is the following week, when D.D. Ellen arrives--happy day!
*This is separate from Sister Jean's Kitchen.

No comments:

Wednesday And Choosing Sides

I did some filing and cleaning up in the morning; also emailed the office that I need a new toilet seat. Left at 10:30 and got the 11 bus to...