Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Got a nice, newsy e-mail from Susan. She and Walter are having a fine time in Canada; they'll be home tomorrow afternoon. Also got a message from Joan H., detailing her and Dan's further adventures as they settle into their new home in Costa Rica. Had a nice talk with Betty, who reminded me that November 12 is our mother's anniversary (of her death, not her marriage).
Went to Santori's for my veggie fix, then stopped at the Galloway Shop-Rite for other staples.
For the fourth time, checked at Acme for the damn Creamsicles. Was told they "could no longer get them." They didn't know why. I e-mailed the company and am awaiting a reply, although now I'm losing interest in the whole thing.
Saw a new episode with the Roloffs on "LP,BW" last night which, unfortunately, made me miss "Countdown." I understand from the liberal blogs I read today that Keith Olbermann had a particularly hard-hitting special commentary. Will try to find it on MSN's web site.*
Now that two DINOs (Democrats In Name Only) have caved and will confirm Mukasey, I'm so filled with disgust I may not vote at all. The DINOs are just Repulsivecans turned inside out. It seems incredible that now, we're actually going to sneak torture in the back door--while kicking the constitution of the United States out the window. Remember those icky bumper stickers reading "Proud To Be An American"? I feel exactly the opposite: I'm ashamed to be an American.
*I found it on msn.com. I think it's about the hardest-hitting commentary he's ever done. Whether it will make a difference, combined with all the other voices raised in protest, is questionable, though. We seem no longer able to avoid the Facism that has taken over our country.

2 comments:

iloveac said...

Rosemary,
Rich is a faithful viewer of Keith Olbermann. Unfortunately he missed it last night while our new bathroom light fixture was being installed. I told him what you said and he was sorry he missed it. Can you give me more info how to find it? I tried msn.com's website, but didn't see it.

iloveac said...

Thanks Rosemary for the URL. Excellent commentary by Keith O.

Tuesday

Sent a welcome e-mail to my new tenants, mother and daughter, Laura and Prudence. I must remember to check to see if I need to send anything...