Monday, November 19, 2007

When Susan and I were walking yesterday morning, we remarked on how good it is to start our days that way. Also, we marveled that very often, the weather holds early, even if it turns on us later.
That happened yesterday: It was brisk, but sunny, at 7:00, but got windy and rainy later. I went out again only twice on short errands. I felt the urgent need to get my cranberries, and I wanted loose ones. I knew Tucker Tom's has them so that's what I got them (want to make apple/ cranberry relish). Later, I picked up a few things at the dollar store and Shop 'n' Bag.
Made a loaf of banana bread and put it in the freezer. Watched some of the Eagles game with Pat. Talked to a few people on the phone. In other words, lazed around a lot--I don't mind that once in a while.
Ellen called last night with big news: She contacted a broker, who told her--tentatively--the mortgage for which she can qualify. It's more than she thought, but she is at the top of the salary line, so seems legit. Also, she has no debt at all, having diligently paid it down a few years ago.
Alison's news concerns a job, but I don't want to go into specifics until--unless--it comes through. In her case, the new position is hers, BUT whether it can match or come close to her present salary is the sticking point. She won't know for several weeks.
This afternoon, I'll meet the woman from Ocean County Library to "interview" for the volunteer job leading discussions with ESL people.
Still haven't made the decision on whether to keep the coat I bought or not.

No comments:

Wednesday

Busy, but not in a good way. I'm sure nobody else would want to read it, but I've elaborated on my entry a few spots down entitled &...