Sunday, November 25, 2007

The big news about yesterday (aside from my .4 weight loss) is that I bought myself two pairs of flannel pajamas and a warm robe. Carrying around 46 pounds more than I do now, I used to be hot all the time--now I'm cold. I've wore nightgowns for years, but I've been having to add socks, a robe--but both mine are summer-weight--sometimes a sweater, and lately, sweat pants to keep warm in bed.*
Of course, I was an idiot to shop the Sunday after Thanksgiving, but it wasn't too bad. I also got a birthday gift for Mike, whose big day is December 5. I well remember his birth, you can be damn sure, as I was in the hospital for a week, and then did my Christmas shopping for my 7, 5, and 3-year-olds, husband, mother, twin, and assorted friends. Of course, I also decorated the house, made Christmas cookies, and completed all the other holiday chores. I always think I have more energy now, but maybe not.
Incidentally, Pat R. is absolutely right about .4 being more than a quarter pound! I feel lighter now! (Geez, not only do we have to know what a fourth and an eighth are, but then they mess us up by putting it in decimals!)
Today, I MUST get to sorting out the rest of the Christmas things in the garage. I asked Jen is she wanted to look at some, before I cart them off to the thrift store, and I'll probably go up on Wednesday. E-mailed former colleague David P. to see if he could meet me in Allentown for lunch the same day.
*Okay, you jokesters, I know there's another way to keep warm in bed, but let's not go there...

1 comment:

EBJ said...

Welcome to the,"cold club". I always
wondered why you were hot and I was (am) cold! I still do, because I am fat and I am still always cold. Actually I think its because of my thyroid, but I have taken pills for that for years and I am still cold all the time. Oh well, I am a master and knowing how to keep warm. Of course socks in bed are a must.
I do think you have extra energy. Sometimes I get tired when I read all you are doing and accomplishing. If its your escape its a good one.

Tuesday And Noreen

I had planned to go to Verizon first before my lunch with Noreen. It's down Mills Street from the mall, where the transit center is, too...