Thursday, November 08, 2007

Had a laundry list of errands to do yesterday, so left the house about 9:30. Dropped a back seat full of house and garage gleanings off at the SOCH thrift store, went to the bank and post office, stopped at Staples to duplicate some pictures for Tokyo DIL, and picked up grocery items at the supermarket, among other chores. I found a beautiful autumn wreath (I'm thinking Thanksgiving) of berries and leaves in fall colors and bought it. Hung it in the dining room double window and it looks great. Would like to get another for the big mirror in the hall. Also bought a pair of shoes which I later realized, hurt like hell, so I'll return them.
Got home at noon and was pleased to hear that Marge had called to see if I could make lunch. Called her back to accept, made Pat's lunch, and left to pick her up.
We went to Poseidon, which I still think is an unfortunate name. Yes, yes, I know it's a sea god, but--pop culture being persuasive as it is--I believe most people associate it with the disaster movie.
Just to vary the formula a tad, I had Greek salad instead of Caesar. It wasn't bad and, of course, I took half home and had it for dinner.
As ever, it was great to be with Marge. We're very comfortable with each other and easily share our thoughts and ideas. I'm happy to say her knees are less troublesome now, but recently she's been having problems with her feet.
Susan and Walter are back and I'll pick her up for our walk in an hour. Am anxious to hear about their trip, especially his nephew's wedding.
Weight Watchers today. I know I often say this, I really don't feel as if I've lost. It's been two weeks since I weighed in and I haven't overeaten--just still have this flab at the waist. Would like to see that go away.
Tomorrow, Leslie and I leave at 7:30 to staff the table (Coalition for Peace and Justice) at the NEA's convention in Atlantic City. I'm a little nervous about being away all day, but will prepare to have Pat covered as much as possible.
Later: Dropped another 1.6 pounds for a total of 44.6 and a current weight of 155. I'm a little suprised it wasn't more, as it's been two weeks since I weighed in, but I'm okay with it.

No comments:

Tuesday And Noreen

I had planned to go to Verizon first before my lunch with Noreen. It's down Mills Street from the mall, where the transit center is, too...