Thursday, November 29, 2007

I'm happy to record that yesterday made up for Tuesday. Met David at The Black Forest in Allentown and had a delightful lunch with him. He filled me in on the exciting, shocking, sinister--okay, pretty mundane--doings at Rider U. He was kind enough to bring me a directory and, looking through it last night, I noted how many names I didn't know. Lots of positions have changed hands, so to speak, and some day I'll walk on the campus and be surrounded by strangers. Melancholy thought? No, not really.
Left David about quarter of two and stopped at Alison's to leave off a wooden "advent tree" for her stepgrandchildren, Lindsay and Lucas. I had gotten Joely and Vivian each one last year, but Mike and entourage went to Colorado after they visited here, and didn't take it.
Got to Jen's early and we went through the boxes of Christmas decorations I brought. She selected some things, and I took the others back to donate to Habitat or SOCH. Will go through the tree ornaments and give her some of them, too. With that out of the way, we had a nice visit.
Little "T" is such a delight! At almost 4 months, he has perfected the art of smiling and shows it off constantly. When he got restless, Jen let me give him his bottle; it was wonderful to hold his plump little body and watch him contentedly feeding. Tristan constantly tries to stand and is very interested in the big world. He looks intently at people, turns to listen when they talk, and is generally alert and "engaged."
I stayed with baby while Jen went to pick Joely up at school. He burst in exuberantly, was glad to see me, and exclaimed over the small tree I had brought. He hung some of the little ornaments, then told me what he had done that day at kindergarten. He brought out a set of laminated words, similar to flashcards, but on a chain. Many were of colors--"yellow," "purple," "orange"--and he enjoyed showing me he can read them.
I wanted to get home before full dark, so left about 4:00. What a nice day! It was made even nicer after dinner by a phone conversation with my "Cincinnati Sis"--dear cousin, Marifran. We had a ball catching up with each other's lives. Hers is very full, as she's a life counselor and consultant and has a lot of clients. We talked a full hour, said goodbye, then I got into my snugly jammies (new ones! Pink with Scottie dogs!), popped my corn, poured my wine, and settled on the couch after a perfectly fulfilling day.
The summons? Oh, it's no biggie; I'll deal with that later.
Later: Incredible! Went to Weight Watchers to find I lost another 2.6 for a total of 48.6 and a current weight of 151. Now I'm confidently looking forward to the 50-pound-off mark and moving into the 140s. Yipee!

No comments:

Tuesday

As has been happening lately, I spent an age dealing with R.E. agent, Kim, and requirements  surrounding the house. I got the quarterly wate...